I am considered an “out of network provider” and do not directly take insurance plans. Full payment is expected at the time of your appointment. Therapy may still be covered in full or in part by your insurance provider. I will provide a bill with the necessary information for you to submit to your provider for reimbursement. You can verify your benefits by calling the client services number on the back of your insurance card and asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do these mental health benefits cover an out-of-network provider?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover for an out of network provider?
- What is the coverage amount, or percentage of coverage per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician, i.e. do I need a referral?
Rates vary depending on service.
I accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards. Payment is due at the time of service.
Therapy is most productive when sessions are held weekly. Therapy can be challenging at times, and there may be weeks where it feels easier to cancel your appointment than to come to your session. This is understandable, and it is important that you and I discuss these concerns to work through them together. I keep a limited number of clients to give you the attention and care you deserve, and I hold your weekly appointment time specifically for you.
If you do not show up for a scheduled appointment, or you do not cancel your session with me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be responsible for the full session fee. Missed sessions are not covered by insurance.