We are considered an “out of network provider” and do not directly take insurance plans. Full payment is expected at the time of your appointment. Therapy may still be covered in full or in part by your insurance provider. We will provide a bill with the necessary information for you to submit to your provider for reimbursement. You can verify your benefits by calling the client services number on the back of your insurance card and asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do these mental health benefits cover an out-of-network provider?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover for an out of network provider?
- What is the coverage amount, or percentage of coverage per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician, i.e. do I need a referral?
Rates vary by service and by clinician and are based on licensure level and experience. Fees and rates will be discussed as part of the initial consultation.
Payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards. We offer convenient, paperless billing by keeping a credit card on file (stored securely) that will be automatically billed after each session. Superbills are provided via email upon payment.
Therapy is most productive when sessions are held weekly. Therapy can be challenging at times, and there may be weeks where it feels easier to cancel your appointment than to come to your session. This is understandable, and it is important that you and your therapist discuss these concerns to work through them together.
If you do not show up for a scheduled appointment, or you do not cancel your session at least 24 hours in advance, you will be responsible for the full session fee. Missed sessions are not covered by insurance.